We are all looking for ways to help our makeup stay on longer. Make it easier to apply. And be more thrifty whilst we are at it! There is no better time to start than at the beginning of the year.
I have some life-changing helpful hints/hacks to share with you. And the best thing about these cheats, they are every day things that can assist with your application.
- Eyeshadow residue - You know when you get a hardening on top of your powder eyeshadows and blush? It looks gross but it also stops you from getting to use the product properly! Solution: Get a bit of sticky take and lay it over the top of powder product. Scratch very lightly with your nail and it will lift off onto the tape revealing a good as new colour to go!
- Feeling oily? Take yourself to a public toilet and take one of their disposable toilet seat covers…am I crazy? Sometimes. They work as an excellent blotting paper for excess oil.
- Cakey Mascara - If it has dried up then you can pop a couple of drops of contact lens solution in there and shake it up. BUT if your mascara has dried up because it is more than 3 or 4 months old then just chuck it.
- Pink Eye - Chuck away anything wet/creme-based that has touched your infected eyes in the days leading up to your infection. Powder eyeshadows are generally fine but the wet products are a breeding ground for that naughty bacteria.
- Foundation on your top - It is a bummer when this happens and it has ruined my outfit choice for an event several times. Pre-treat your clothing by popping some shaving foam on the foundation stain and it will come out a treat.
- Perfume scent - How do you make your delicious perfume scent last longer? It works better on moist skin so dab and rub in a little vaseline or intense moisturiser on the areas of skin you spray.
- Frizzy hair - Dry your hair with a t-shirt. The fibres are softer and smaller which means that it will cause less friction….perfect for this humid weather and a necessity for my curly haired ladies!
- Hair clips - Spray them with hairspray first and trust me, they aren't going anywhere!!
You are welcome 🙂